Tuesday, April 28, 2009

San Bernardino Mountains, Elevation 7,332 ft, viewed with the Pentax DA 15mm Limited.


Click pictures to enlarge.

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. You can email me at: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

There's almost too much talk about the upcoming Pentax DSLR, the K7 or K-7. I got out of the rumors frenzy and went out with my current K20D (still a pretty good DSLR) and the new DA 15mm Limited. Above are just a few images. I used a 77mm Circular Polarizer handheld in front of the lens. I adjusted for contrast and brightness in Lightroom 2.3.

Thank you for looking,

Yvon Bourque

9 comments:

Aleksander Helgaker said...

I would have thought that hand holding a polarizer wouldn't provide good results, but you've just proved me wrong. Many people who use polarizers, I feel, often end up with far to dark skies (maybe they need som post processing), but these seem to be spot on. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Superb shots!

Suecae Sounds said...

Everyone,

Feel free to send me your K20D's when you get hold on the new thing by Pentax. I am willing to ease your burden. For free!

Lovely looking photos by the way. The polarizer was used to great effect I see.

Alain Dumas said...

Very nice composition, outstanding clarity, I wish I was there.

Brian said...

great use of polarizer! i wish i could use mine better.

CESAR ECHAVARRIA said...

J'aime vraiment beaucoup la deuxième photo, le 15 Ltd. semble super .

Unknown said...

that first shot is really great and captures the feeling, for me at least!

Odyn said...

Nice photos. Any way to see them full size to get a feeling of 15Ltd's sharpness, CA and stuff?

Unknown said...

Odyn,

Okay, I will add the photos full size on Flickr tonight. That way you can look at the images closer.