Friday, January 11, 2008

Old Cars Weekly Post - Chevrolet Towing Truck from a Pentax K10D viewpoint

As I wrote last week, I will post pictures of old cars and trucks once a week.

This week, I found some pictures of an old Chevrolet towing truck I took last spring. The pictures were taken with my Pentax DSLR at the entrance of Sequoia national park. If you know what the production year this old truck is, let me know.


This old towing likely rescued many stalled vehicles and from its size, other big rigs as well. I assume that this is going to be is final location, except if the owner is thinking of restoring it to its former glory. That would be a great project. I have never seen an old towing like this one before. In the early years, towing trucks were usually much smaller.

If you happen to drive to the park, the towing was located in the town of Three Rivers, about one mile before the official entrance to the park, on the right side of the road when driving toward the park.



Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Novadude said...

!942-1946 Chevrolet COE (cab over engine)