Thursday, February 21, 2008

Palm Springs, California, Mexican/Catholic Church


Hi,

We were in Palm Springs a few weekends ago and I shot these pictures of a small Catholic Church, with sort of a Mexican architecture. We went inside as the door was opened. In the Catholic tradition, I lit up a candle for my mother who is in her mid-ninetys and not feeling all that well these days.

There was nobody in the church but my wife and I. I took the liberty of taking a few pictures. I wish I could send the feeling of peace and quiet we felt along with the pictures, but technology isn't there yet.

Thanks for reading.

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

Team DoIT said...

Yvon, actually you did "send" some of the peace and quiet without knowing it. I can see a part of the court-yard in one of your shots and because I know how important that court-yard was in every-day-life, the feeling has extended over the net.

Do you have any shots of the court-yard.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Unknown said...

Team doit,

Thank you for your comments.I will look in my collection, I do think I have pictures of the courtyard.

Yvon Bourque