Saturday, February 2, 2008

PMA 2008 - How is Pentax doing?


Saturday February 2, 2008, 8:00 A.M.

Hi fellow Pentaxians,

I'm at the PMA 2008 convention and will have a complete report on everything Pentax this coming week. I have met with several Pentax employees, technicians, management members and I can honestly say that they are one of the friendliest group out there. I have handled the new K20D and the K200D and the new lenses. Good and impressive new stuff. They are actually far better than I had anticipated. Up to now, my writing about these two new cameras have been based on press releases, the Dubay experience, Reports from Benjamin Kanarek, etc.. Now that I have held them and taken pictures with them, I understand why all the hype.

I met briefly with Kerrick James and Julie Quarry, both extraordinary photographers .

Stay tuned this week.

Thanks for reading. I have to get going and head back to the convention hall for more handling. I feel so very forunate to be here and I feel like a kid in the world's biggest toy store! But, my favorite toys are still the Pentax line. Hey, it's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it!

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there too. Let us know about the new lenses and the K20D.

Lucky you!!!