Friday, April 18, 2008

Ultimate DSLR LCD monitor “Screen protector”

The description on the package.

The Packaging.
Installed on my K20D.
That is what it looks if you crack one, but your LCD monitor will be saved. I didn't really crack that one, it was given to me as a sample of what it would look like.


Hi Pentaxians and friends,

Every once in a while, a product comes out that radically change the market or at least the way we go about something.

We all know how easy it is to scratch the LCD monitor on our digital cameras. I tried half a dozen of screen protectors and all had some kind of problems. Either the plastic sheet would bubble up with trapper air, or would not be perfectly clear. Some would reflect the light so much that I could not see the monitor as well. Let’s face it, a thin sheet of film will only protect the LCD screen from minor scratches. The LCD monitor can still crack on impact. Then there the kind of hood protectors that do protect the LCD monitor, but you have to lift the cover after each picture…doesn’t work for me.

Finally, last week I found one that really protects the LCD monitor from scratches, breaking of the LCD and has 12 multi-coating layers to reduce reflection and glare.

It is made by Giottos. (They are mostly known for their tripods. Actually, all of my tripods, monopods and tripod heads are from Giottos.) The screen protectors are actually made of real quality glass. So if something hits the LCD, the screen protector will crack instead of the LCD monitor as there is a small space between the monitor surface and the screen protector. That also eliminated the bubble problems. It’s not cheap, $24.00 to $48.00 at B&H Photo. I think it’s well worth the money.

They make them in all sizes. I bought two of them for the K20D and the K200D, which both have 2.7” LCD, monitor. It comes with instructions and a micro-fiber magic cloth to clean the monitor before installing the screen protector. Most of all, it looks great on the camera.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.