Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PART-2. Autofocus Adjustment charts for fron and back focusing problems.

Auto-Focus * Front and back focusing charts updated. The good news is that it's still free.



Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

 Hi Photographer friends,

Do you have front or back focusing problems with some of your lenses or DSLR? You could spent in excess of One hundred dollars to get a manufactured lens aligning devices, or get mine for free. It does the same job and it cost nothing.

Why would I give it away? I love photography and I made some great cyber friends through my blogsite.  It's my way to contribute a little, and help up and coming photographers. It can help Advanced and Pro Photographers as well. 

For almost six years, my AF charts have been downloaded all over the world. The charts are downloaded on an average of five hundred times everyday. It was originally designed for the Pentax K20D, but I updated the charts by deleting any camera specific instructions, and by revising images and some of the instructions. I believe it is more user friendly than before. You be the judge. The charts (3) are now all inclusive in one downloadable package and are for every brands of DSLR cameras such as Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus, and all other brands that have the capability of adjusting the AF settings of each of your lenses. Let your friends, that use other brand of camera than yours, know about the charts.



Thank you for following my blogsite for the last six years.

Yvon Bourque






 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, great guide and awesome charts !

Norris said...

Great charts. However myself and others are finding that the cameras (K20d at least) consistently Front focus when used in Tungsten lighting. And focus correctly when in Daylight and sometime florescent light. I think you should comment that in your blog, and I would love to see a Pentax response to this.

Unknown said...

I just found this great post on the K20D's AF adjustment. It doesn't seem to work with my Tamron 28-75 -- my guess is that it doesn't work with 3rd party lenses. Is that true, or am I doing something wrong?

DavidG said...

appreciate your efforts Yvon.

DavidG said...

appreciate your efforts Yvon. Thanks.

Match said...

Thanks for your effort.
But I always have a question, should I set to minus if I am suffering from front-focus and plus if back-focus?

John's Secret Identity™ said...

Very interesting. I have downloaded your charts and will try them out. My own attempt at determining the adjustment for a lens was to do a binary search. I started with the two extreme adjustments as A and B, then compared them, discarded the less in-focus, and replaced it with a shot at an adjustment halfway between the two. I repeated until I was comparing adjacent adjustments, then kept the better. Homes in in seven shots.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your helpful articles regarding front/back focus in how to make adjustment in the K20D. As I understand it, the K20D can adjust for 20 lens. I can't figure out how to adjust for more than one lens at a time. How do I store more than one lens adjustment in the K20D?

Scott Summers said...

A great guide, but would benefit from adding two logically critical elements:

1. Which way to set the in camera adjustment - e.g., "+" for front focusing, and "-" for back focusing, or vice versa?

2. How much adjustment is needed per millimeter? Is each adjustment digit in camera equal to 1mm? 2mm?

Both of these can be guessed at and eventually determined, but adding this info would complete the tutorial nicely.

Thanks for your work...

Unknown said...

I am wondering about the same questions as asked above.
If a lens is front focussing should I adjust to the + or - side?

JasonLEL said...

for DA 35mm f2.4 prime lens, which chart should i use?