Friday, July 11, 2008

The K20D goes to Yosemite...still one of the most beautiful place on the planet.












I spent about 10 days in Yosemite and Tuolumme meadows. We drove there on July 3rd and rented a cabin in Lee Vining, just West of Yosemite National Park. I had my K20D with me and an assortment of lenses. Although I brought the DA* 200mm and the DA* 300mm with me for testing them, I found that my DA 16-45mm was the most practical lens within the Park. I actually wish I would have had the newer DA* 16-50mm SDM f/2.8 lens, but it's a little too much money for me at this time. Someday, I'll get one. (By the way, if you do have a DA* 16-50 and had the DA 16-45 prior to that, I would love to hear your impression the the 16-50mm.)

We travelled along highway 395 and drove by Mono Lake. There was some interesting photographic opportunities there too. I have posted some of my pictures herein.

I still think that Yosemite and the surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful places in America. I tried to photograph the park the way I saw it, rather than copying Ansel Adams. Some of the icons like Half Dome and El Capitan are shouting "Ansel Adams" and everyone must have seen these pictures a thousand times. I hope you enjoy the pictures. (Do let me know what you think. The best way to get better is always by getting opinions from other photographers.)

Thank you for reading. I always appreciate your visits,

Yvon Bourque

I still will publish a photographer's review of the DA* 200mm and the DA* 300mm in the coming days or weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6 and 10 are my favorites, but they're all lovely. It's such a wonderfully peaceful place to visit, too... when you can avoid the crowds. Nice!