Friday, November 28, 2008

Pictures of Las Vegas strip on the way! The K20D is in my hands.


Hi Pentaxian friends,

Here I am in Las Vegas and so far, on my second day here, I haven't had a chance to take any pictures. Today was "Black Friday" and there was people wall to wall everywhere I tried to go.

For those that live outside the United States, " Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving which is the beginning of the holiday season. All retail stores have their biggest sales of the year and people shop till they drop...literally. Today was a bad day to try to go take pictures on the strip. So much for the predictions that people weren't going to spend much money this year and were not going to shop as much as they used to. If today is any indication, I have never seen that many people out and about.

However, as soon as I am finished writing this blog, currently 9:10 P.M. Pacific time, I am heading to the Vegas strip. It is a great place to take pictures at night. There are so many lights and cars, that it should be interesting. I am bringing my K20D, the DA17-17mm, the DA 16-45mm, the DA 50-200mm, and my Giottos tripod. Providing I don't get mugged, I should have some interesting pictures by tomorrow.

I'm leaving my hotel room now and will post some of the pictures on my next post. (currently 9:28 P.M. Pacific time)

Thank you for reading, and please comeback tomorrow to see if I had any success in photographying Las Vegas at night.

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get mugged! :-D

Looking forward to the pics.