Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009 - Pentaxdslrs expanding to include third party items for Pentax and more "How to" sessions"

Note that the picture above, obviously manipulated in PhotoShop, is my own creation and is not necessarily endorsed by Pentax.

Hi Pentaxian friends,

Having a blog site named PentaxDslrs certainly has its limitations. I'm obviously a Pentaxian and a little reluctant to post anything Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus and what not. These are the enemies...not really! All DSLR cameras are great. Some are more geared toward sport photography, some toward landscapes, some for the "money is no object" photographers, and a zillion of other reasons.

You want to have the best value for your hard earned money? I think Pentax has the advantage. Where else can you get a DSLR with a 14.6MP CMOS sensor, Shake reduction, Weather protection, 11 points auto-focus system, Built-in-flash, Available in-camera RAW images conversion, and so much more, for the current street prices of $800.00 to $1,000.00, with a 18-55mm kit lens?

For almost two years, I have written about Pentax but sometimes, I'm wondering if there is a lot more to write about Pentax before I start repeating myself. Okay! I will always have something good to write about Pentax, but, in the coming weeks & months, I plan to venture a little. No, I won't write about other camera brands, but I will try to post about third party accessories such as lenses, tripods, software, lighting, gadgets, photo printers, camera bags, etc. I also plan to do more "How to" articles, that will be useful to any photographers, but mostly to entry-level photographers.

I will borrow, get company loaners, or purchase third party accessories and will review these on a photographer's point-of-view. I will never review anything on a "pixel peeper" or "technical junky" point-of-view. Look at this link and you will understand what I mean. It's always the photographer. The equipment is there to help the photographer, and what I plan to review is equipment that will help Pentaxians get great shots.

If you have any particular item(s) or subject(s) you would like to read about, drop me a note at info@k10dbook.com or via the comments below this article.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

HENRY KISOR said...

The K20D body is now $715 at Amazon.com. What a bargain that is!