Saturday, January 10, 2009

I just love my K20D. Here's a little custom help...maybe.


Hi pentaxian friends,

The K20D is still the best DSLR in it's price range and even in price ranges two to three times higher. As I write this blog, the K20D can easily be found, "brand new" at around $850.00. That's a lot of camera for the price.

One of the many features of the K20D is the "Custom setting". There are 36 well thought out customization settings to choose from. You can customize the camera to your shooting style or preferences. The only thing I found is that I always have to search the many pages of the menu as I don't always remember the customization number of particular settings. In the future, It would be great if Pentax would give the ability of listing the custom features in alphabetic order.

The list above (top) is in the order I would like to see on the camera LCD if I choose to do so. The features are listed in alphabetic order rather than custom number. I believe that searching in alphabetic order makes the process a little easier and faster. Come to think of it, Pentax should have a "search" feature" on cameras, just like when surfing the Internet through "Google".

Anyway, the list above is a JPG file. You can enlarge it by clicking on it, then save it to your preferred image software. Then, you can print it as small as you can read, and bring it with you or put it in your camera bag. It will come handy...maybe.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Cloistervoices said...

Fabulous! Just what I needed! UPS update: K20D has left Spokane and is winging its way eastward.