Saturday, January 24, 2009

One way to take better pictures.

Visitors to this page also liked: See right column.
We honor reciprocal links.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

Photography books and magazines are full of tips to make or take better photos. While they are probably usefull most of the time, here's a way that I use to achieve the photos that I want... most of the time.

Assuming that you know your camera and equipment, the rest is a matter of composition. There are the rules of third, the back lighting, selective focusing, fill flash, etc, all of which are technical. I go by one very simple rule.

Before I actually press the shutter, I ask myself; what is that picture going to be about ? Then I name my picture in my head and work hard to convey that to the viewers. It's as simple as that. A picture is not necessarily about technical perfection. A picture should convey a message. By naming your picture ahead of pressing the shutter, chances are that the viewers will get the message. If you do your part right, your pictures might even be worth a thousand words. It doesn't always work, but the chances of getting your message across with your pictures are better.



You can check-out any time you like,But you can never leave!'

Are you "twaking" to me?

Out with the old, in with the new.


Will you still love me...when I'm sixty-four?

Thank you for reading,
Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I love the thought of naming photos. I like the pictures too ... er...except for that last one...:)