Friday, June 26, 2009

Do you realize how useful being able to take still photos and high definition videos with the same DSLR is?

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

With the K-7 DSLR, not only will you be able to produce superb images and high definition video, you will now be able to combine the results of both. I have been writing this blog for two years now, and this new development will change my blog forever.

Imagine going on a photo trek to the mountains on a sunny day. As of today, I would take several dozen or even several hundred of pictures. When returning home, I would download my SDHC to Lightroom, process the files, select about ten images, and post the images on my blog. I would write about my trek and explain about how the pictures were taken, etc.

Now with the K-7, it will be a completely different adventure. Imagine going on the same trek with the K-7. As I drive in my Jeep up the mountains, I can take HD video of the surroundings. When I see a picturesque scene, I can set my K-7 on my tripod and take several still pictures…but I will also scan the area with the video function so that later on when I write my blog, I can show the entire experience on video and then show the pictures I took in the same area.

The viewers will have a much better understanding of the surroundings and will be able to appreciate the still images much better. Add to that the possibility of using the HD video for explaining the camera settings, the composition, give tips or lessons as the photo is actually taken. We are so lucky to live in this high tech era.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque
Post a Comment