Hi Pentaxian friends.
PENTAX ADDS 100mm F2.8 WR MACRO TO WEATHER-RESISTANT LENS LINE-UP
GOLDEN, COLORADO (December 9, 2009)…PENTAX Imaging Company has announced the smc PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens designed for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras. Combining a high-quality exterior finish with PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction, this new macro lens is especially useful for the demands of outdoor photography.
This PENTAX macro lens features a high-grade, aluminum barrel with the high-quality, exclusive exterior design and finish unique to the PENTAX D FA series lenses. Further, the entire mechanism of the focus ring has been reviewed and upgraded to assure flawless manual-focus operation. For improved performance, the PENTAX D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR is the first PENTAX interchangeable macro lens featuring a completely rounded diaphragm blade to create a natural, beautiful bokeh at wide apertures, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
PENTAX WR lenses feature simplified weather-resistant construction to repel water and moisture. Combined with a PENTAX weather-resistant K-7, K20D, K200D or K10D digital SLR camera body, the lens performs well in damp, inclement outdoor conditions including rain, mist, water spray and splashes.
The lens also features the PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) surface coating to repel dust, water and grease and to minimize fingerprints.
Other significant features of this latest WR lens include:
* Mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this lens offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm format for high-quality, true-to-life images, while minimizing flare and ghost images. The maximum life-size magnification allows photographers to capture dramatic close-up images with great ease.
* A working distance of just over five inches (13 cm) facilitates close-up photography of subjects including flora, insects, and wildlife.
* The PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
* An image circle to accommodate 35mm film-format camera image size.
* Compatibility with the macro adapter included in the PENTAX AF160FC dedicated Auto Macro Ring Flash.
smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR
Focal Length: 100mm (Equivalent to 153mm in 35mm format)
Minimum Aperture: F32
Lens Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
Angle of View: 16° (wiith PENTAX Digital SLR body)
24.5° (with 35mm Film SLR body)
Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.303m (0.99 ft.)
Maximum Magnification: 1.00x
Filter Diameter: 49mm
Diaphragm Control: Fully Automatic
Number of Diaphragm Blades: 8
Lens Aperture Ring: None
Tripod Adapter: None
Lens Hood: PH-RBE49
Lens Case: S80-120
Front Cap: O-LC49
Maximum Diameter & Minimum Length: 65mm x 80.5mm (2.6 inch x 3.2 inch)
Weight: 340g (12 oz.)
Furnished accessory: Hood, Case, and Lens Cap
Rounded Diaphragm Blade
Quick-Shift Focus System
SP (Super Protect) Coating