Monday, May 10, 2010

Pentax K-7 in "The Palouse" Washington. It is an extraordinary beautiful place.


Visitors to this page also like "Recommended Reading" on the right column. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

My wife and I are just back from a mini vacation in North-East Washington. Friday, May 7th, I drove to a region called "The Palouse" and had the pleasure to photograph the area for about three hours. I could have spent a whole week there, but unfortunately I was time restricted.  However, in that short time, I was able to capture about 150 shots and I believe that the ratio of  keepers/duds is the highest I've ever achieved. No matter where I was pointing the lens to, it seemed to be the perfect scene.

These kind of photographs are not for everyone, but for people that like rural scenes, barns, fields, agriculture...this place is paradise. All photos were taken with my K-7 and most were through the Pentax DA 16-45mm lens. A Hoya Circular polarizer was installed on the lens and used to enhance the already blue sky. I have included just a few photographs here and more are on my Smugmug Gallery.

I hope you enjoy these pictures and if you ever have a chance to visit Washington State, try to visit "The Palouse". It is an extraordinary beautiful place. The pictures can only give you an idea of the grandeur of the land. Hope you enjoy these images,

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

12 comments:

NptPrchr said...

Thank you for taking & posting these. I grew up in E. Washington & don't get back as often as I'd like. To some, the lack of trees & ever-present rolling hills of wheat seem barren, but I think "home" when I see pictures like this.

Unknown said...

NptPrchr,

What a nice place to grow up. This was my first visit and I will be coming back as I did not have enough time to explore the region. Funny thing is that we were there to visit my step son and the grandkids. He runs a bible camp there in Cusick, Washington, about 50 miles north of Spokane.

CESAR ECHAVARRIA said...

Super photos ! Vraiment magnifique !

Marisa said...

Wow it is very beautiful there! What a perfect time it was for that airplane to be landing. Great pictures! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful images. They remind me why I couldn't let go of that 16-45I own.

CleoBex said...

beautiful pictures. very serene!

CleoBex said...

beautiful pictures. very serene!

NptPrchr said...

Marissa, that plane wasn't landing. It was crop dusting, or at least I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Anonymous said...

If you are interested in learning more about the landforms in this area and the geologic controversy surrounding their origin, I suggest reading "Bretz's Flood" by J.R. Soennichsen.

bd

Suecae Sounds said...

That was a couple of stellar shots.

J said...

Lovely pics! Hope to emulate your success in Northern CA, where I'll be taking my newly acquired K-7.

J said...

Absolutely lovely pics? Hope to emulate your success in Northern CA, where we'll be soon with newly acquired K-7