Friday, July 30, 2010

Homeless artist's photographs capture quirky beauty with Pentax.

Visitors to this page also like "Recommended Reading" on the right column. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

Homeless artist's photographs capture quirky beauty


Having to live in Seattle's woods, says Paul Hedlund, gives him "moments of terror and moments of great happiness." A slideshow of his art offers a glimpse of his remarkable vision of the city's manmade and natural environment.

By Judy Lightfoot (Photos and article copywrighted by Judy lightfoot)
When I found myself stopping again and again in front of Paul Hedlund's photographs on a sidewalk, losing myself in their rust and rain and offbeat shapes, it surprised me. It made me curious, too, about the artist. How did a homeless photographer come to make art that has an edge, yet so much tenderness and wonder?



"I take photographs at all times — in my mind," Hedlund told me. "I get up in the morning and I'm already looking, and if I spot something I get the camera out. It's just part of my all-day routine."

Click here to see the entire artilce on Crosscut.com

Thanks to Somanna Muthanna for alerting us of this very special photographer.

Yvon Bourque

2 comments:

street_vision said...

Thank you kindly for the story. I wonder if ''Pentax'' would be able to help him out in any way?

Unknown said...

Pentax does read this blog and by this blog, I hope Pentax can do something for him. I love stories like that.