Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PMA is now CliQ. I wonder if having the last annual convention in Anaheim, instead of Las Vegas, destroyed some of PMA's credibility?

Visitors to this page also like "Recommended Reading" on the right column. Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I'm sure I wasn't the only disappointed person when PMA moved their annual photo convention from Las Vegas to Anaheim. If you're a fan of Disneyland, that was a good thing, but kids don't usually do photo conventions People from all over the World come to this kind of event that was the Annual PMA in Las Vegas.

Make no mistake about it, many of the convention attendees were from other parts of the World to look at or exhibit  new photographic equipment. These trips were on their respective company's expenses and they came to the PMA to have fun as well. Think about it, is Vegas more fun that Disneyland? Why do you think it is often referred to as the "Adult's Disneyland"?

I have attended the annual PMA in Las Vegas for the last five or six years. Aside from the convention, there'e so much to do in Las Vegas at night and it's mostly all for adults. I tried to attend the show in Anaheim, but that's the day someone broke into my car and stole the equipment I had, while I was having lunch.  That left a real bad experience of Anaheim.

 Canon did not attent the show in Anaheim and many photographic equipment vendors followed suit. I love these type of conventions and hope that CliQ will be a success. There's nothing like walking inside a convention hall and look, and touch, and feel, and try all of the best equipment the worls has to offer.

Visit  their new CliQ website.

No comments: