Friday, June 10, 2011

AlettA Photographic - Who we are and what we do.

You can email us at brqyvn@gmail.com



For many years, I hauled a clumsy and heavy tripod with me, almost every time I went somewhere to take pictures. We all know that if you want blur free pictures, a tripod is the best way to achieve good results. The problem is that a solid tripod is big and heavy, even if it's made of carbon fiber. It's hard to carry one everywhere you go, it takes time to set it up, and some public places won't even allow its use. It is difficult to travel with one. The problem is even bigger when you use a telephoto lens, like 300mm and above. Modern DSLRs have Shake Reduction systems, but the keyword here is "Reduction". If you want to eliminate shake and not only reduce it, you need a solid tripod or something else. It's the "something else" that has bothered me for a long time. Companies came out with bean bags, clip-on units, different tripod designs, monopods, flexible legs tripods, etc. The problem is that they all come from designing inside the "box"...using the same design with variations. I started thinking outside the proverbial box and I came up with my Stabilizer.

I wanted something light and small that could fit in my camera bag. I wanted something that would protect the camera's underside when resting on any surface, flat or irregular. I was fed up with my camera tipping over when a big lens was attached. (I scratched or broke many lens shades because of that). Finally it came to me. What we need is a gizmo that attaches to the bottom of the camera, with adjustable legs, one that keeps the camera from tipping over and one that can be leveled on any surface. It should also fit in my camera bag while still attached to the camera. It should not add more than 12-14 ounces to the overall weight of the camera and should be ideal for the traveling photographer. It should be made of aircraft aluminum and CNC machined in the USA...no cheap plastic here. It would be nice to incorporate a hand grip and some kind of anti-slip material between the camera bottom and the top of the gizmo to keep the camera from shifting. I would like it's finish to be durable and matching the finish of my DSLR.

Well...we designed such a gizmo. We called it the AlettA Stabilizer.

AlettA Photographic came about after I designed the Stabilizer for my own use with a Pentax DSLR. After years of favorable comments from friends and other photographers, I decided that I should share the Stabilizer with the rest of the photographic world. It took a while...but the gizmo has mutated to "The AlettA Stabilizer" and is available for purchase.

It is custom designed and manufactured for many of the most popular DSLRs, but can also be fitted to just about any camera. The current line includes the Pentax K-5 and K-7, the Nikon D7000, D700 and D300S plus the Canon EOS 5D and EOS 7D. Note that the Stabilizers are designed to fit to the contour of the preceding DSLRs that are equipped with their optional battery grip. The battery grip gives that extra vertical space that accommodates large diameter lenses. However, it will also work without a battery grip installed.

We hope that you search this blogsite for additional information, images, videos and description of our products. We invite your comments and questions.

Thank you for giving us some of your valuable time. We appreciate you.

Yvon Bourque
AlettA Photographic is trademarked and The Stabilizer patent is applied for.

No comments: