Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I just purchased Silver Efect Pro 2 made by Nik Software. It's really as good as they claim.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com







Hi Pentaxian friends.

About a week ago, Nik Software reduced the price of Silver Efex Pro 2 from $199.00 to $98.00 for a limited time. I've been wanting that software for a while but couldn't bring myself to spend 200 bucks. At $98.00, my impulse was too great to pass that offer. I bought it and downloaded it immediately.

It may be a little hard to appreciate the images from my blog, but as I look at them, full size, on my 27" monitor, I'm really impressed. I'm not a  fan of  "real" Black and White, but Silver Efex Pro 2 lets you add hints of color. In all the example above, I chose light sepia.

There are so many tools to manipulate the images, that it will take a while to perfect the results. It has a range of borders that you can apply and you can see some of them applied herein.

There is just something about monochrome pictures that people like. I will just have to enlarge and frame a few images. If I'm lucky, my wife will let me put one in the living room, and if not...it will be the garage or my bathroom!

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque 

5 comments:

Suecae Sounds said...

Thank you for sharing, they are beautiful.

Papirus said...

Wow, it looks great!

Allister said...

I recently purchased an iPad app from Nik Software. Snapseed is a bargain at less than $10. It is a very nicely implemented photo processor which lets you do basic adjustments and also add 'creative' effects. My favourite feature is a smart local adjustment. I managed to take the blue out of the jeans my son was wearing while leaving his bright blue shoelaces untouched.

Unknown said...

Allister, that's funny because I purchased Snapseed too last night for my iPad 2. It does a great job but it's still targetted for emails and computer screen viewing. It does what is was designed for. I'm sure that in the not-so-distant future, camera on mobile devices will equal or surpass current Point & shoot and printing will also be great.

Frank said...

Very nice B&W. I've been using EFSX Pro v.1 for quite some time and have not given in to the impulse to buy v2. You may have pushed me over the edge . . .