Sunday, August 28, 2011

Google + and photography...the best of the best.


Hi Photographer friends.

If you like photography, and I assume you do since you are reading this blog, you owe it to yourself to join Google +. In many ways, it's just another social network, but as far as sharing and loading photographs and videos, it's the best. Furthermore, it took me only six weeks to get to +/- 1,300 friends, in my Photography Friends circle. What's nice about the way you can create circles, you can allow only certain people in your circle. That way, I know that in my Photography Friends Circle, photography only will be talked about. If not...I boot you out of my circle.

It's an excellent way to see what other photographers are doing and learn from each other. No matter what  type of photography you're in, there are other photographers out there with the same taste and aspirations as you. It's like having a direct line to people with the same taste as you.

I often like to feature other photographer's work or blog on this site. Joining Google + has made this task very easy. Everyday, I am privy to hundreds and hundreds of images from photographers from all over the world. I can tell you that it is sometime an humbling experience. There are so many talented people on our little blue planet!

As they say, "The proof is in the pudding" here are some images from some of my Photography Friends Circle:


Copyright: Christopher Hebbert
Copyright: John Neel
Copyright: Leon Leijdekkers
Copyright: Martin E. Morris
Copyright: Ahmad Rezk
Copyright: Elia Locardi

Some of you may   think about online photography school when it comes to looking deeper into this. Google + will have an interesting impact.

Thank yoiu for visiting. Join Google +, and look me up,
Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know to me this period we are living in or coming into is like the new renaissance. There were thousands of painters, sculptors, writers, and musicians during that time as there now. People have a lot of time on their hands these days and photography is taking grand stand because of cell phones. Its amazing the talent that is all around pushing the envelope a little bit further. The future brings the new Picasso, van gohn, Donatello, Michelangelo, davinci, and Raphael...creating with a Nikon, canon, Iphone, but hopefully a Pentax.