Saturday, February 11, 2012

Still friend (crazy) after all these years!

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Photographer friends,

This is a little off-topic, but it will wind up as a photographic post next week.

Thanks to the Internet, my best friend, of my early years "Pierre", found my blogsite and emailed me. He lives in Montreal and I live in Southern California. My friend Pierre has spent his life boat racing. One of the key location for these boat races is Lake Havasu on the borders of California, Arizona and Nevada. Come to find out that Pierre spends his winters in Lake Havasu, which is about a three hour drive from me. Yes...he is a Snow Bird, and me I'm an Expat


This weekend, my wife Anne and I are driving to Lake Havasu to meet with Pierre and his wife Marie. It's been 34 years since we saw each other. I can guaranty that we will pick-up  right where we left off. There are not too many friends in one's life. There are a lot of acquaintances, but not many true friends. I would help Pierre in a heart beat if he needed my help and I'm sure he feels the same way about me. We were friends from when we were about four years old and pretty much were almost inseparable through primary school. Pierre went off  to college and I stayed and completed school in our little old town, near Montreal.

Although we weren't seeing each other often, we kept that friendship going and then...I moved to the United States for my engineering career. I went to see him racing a few times but life went on and we kind of lost track of each other. He moved a few times, and I moved just about every few years for new engineering and construction management of projects all over the U.S., Canada and other places. Life has sort of passed us up for a while. I can't believe it's been 34 years.

This is going to be a great weekend. Of course he still has a boat and he told me he would bring me to some canyon along the Colorado River to take some pictures.I will post that next week with some interesting captions, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque

3 comments:

Mike said...

Have fun and I hope you really enjoy your reunion.

monikroland said...

Have a great weed-end you 4.

See you soon.

Monique and Roland

Marisa said...

I hope you have a great time!! How cool!!