Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Pentax K-01 reduced to a low low $346.95. Get one while you can.



 Hi Photographer friends,

The Pentax K-01 has not been received all that well  by the photographic community. It is probably why Pentax has reduced it's price drastically. You can get the body for less than $350.00. That has to be one of the best deal around. 

Many of you don't like the boxy look of the camera, but it's actually as good as the K-5 for image quality and it's the very best camera that Pentax has for making movies.  The K-30 produces as good movie clips as the K-01, but it doesn't record sound in stereo and it has no external stereo mic connection. The K-01 has.

I have the K-01 and at first, I was not all that crazy about the lack of viewfinder. Then...I started making movies with it and I discovered its great video capabilities. You can shoot 1080p @ 24fps. The LCD screen is great for video.

Get one while you still can. B&H and Adorama are still taking orders. They sold their stock the first day, but I assume that Pentax still has a lot of these cameras in stock whereas dealers can still take orders.

I know a good deal when I see one.

Click on images to see full size.








P.S. If you own an Apple iPad, you can purchase the K-01 e-book at the Apple iBook store. Look at this previous post: http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com/2012/06/pentax-k-01-interactive-e-book-for.html








2 comments:

bobh said...

Too bad that the K-01 is dying. I'm so glad I have one. Smaller and lighter than my DSLR, it can be used in situations where larger or noisy cameras can be obtrusive. The image quality is beautiful. And, with the recent firmware upgrade, the autofocus works well. I even like the design (apart from that rubber door). By the way, I have your fine iPad book.

Anonymous said...

Bobh
I'm glad you did purchase the K-01 e-book from Apple. I think this was my best e-book ever, with video, illustration, sound and all the other interactive capabilities. The sad part is that it only works on the iPad and the sales have been minimal. I wish it would work with iPhones and iMacs. Apple drop the ball here, I think.