Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, Point Loma, San Diego. Viewed with a Pentax K-5 and turned Black & White.


Hi Everyone,

I heard of the new Pentax K-3 rumors everywhere. Hopefully there is some truth to it and we'll soon have a new Pentax Pro-Camera and hopefully Full Frame. I'm just fine with APS-C but apparently, the public perception can't be swayed.

______________________________

On another note, while I am in San Diego, I tried to visit Point Loma and the Old Light House. Unfortunately, it is under the Federal Park services and it was close on account of the Government shutdown. That's bad, but I won't talk Politics, It would be a very long blog. Republicans and Democrats are to be blamed and yet Republicans and Democrats blame each other, while "We the people" pay the price and get inconvenienced.

Anyway, although I couldn't get in the Park, Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery was accessible. It covers 77+ acres of veterans of all wars. I'st rows after rows of monuments. I had my K-5 and took several pictures. Because the images represents the past, I decided to turn them to Black and White and some with a vintage look or ethereal look. I think it's more respectful of the military personal buried here after serving the Country.

It goes on as far as eyes can see.
Walking in the Cemetery, you can almost feel the presence of the brave souls buried here.
I turned this image to light sepia color and added the caption. It looks like an old Postcard, don't it?
You can see the famous Hotel el Coronado in the distance.

Feel the souls?

A loved one left flowers.

This is a peaceful place for resting souls.

This is so sad and also recent. Was his life given in vain?

Thank you for reading,
Yvon Bourque
brqyvn@gmail.com


No comments: