Hi Photographer friends,
Hi Photographer friends,
I am so glad that Ricoh purchased Pentax. Ever since they did, the positive changes are everywhere. Some folks are not sure that they want Ricoh's name to replace the Pentax name on their cameras, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. They did say that the DSLRs would continue to carry the Pentax name and that the compact and special cameras would use the Ricoh label. The philosophy behind the manufacturing of the digital cameras is what is really important. So far, Ricoh is doing everything that I would have expected Pentax to do. Pentax were financially challenged, and Ricoh's takeover has allowed the positive changes we have seen.
The K-3 is the best cropped format DSLR on the market. The Q7 is an ingenious little camera. The upgrade to Pentax lenses from smc to HD is indeed an improvement keeping up with technical advancements. The new RICOH THETA is a spectacular innovation in line with the mentality that Pentax has always been known for. Pushing the limits of technology is alive and well at Ricoh/Pentax.
Many would love to see a "Full Frame" Pentax DSLR and it might become a reality someday, but they have the 645 Digital Camera that is really in line or better than the Nikon, Canon and Sony models.
I applaud Ricoh for their contribution in keeping the Pentax equipment alive. Hoya was killing Pentax, Ricoh is reviving the brand and I wouldn't be surprised to see them head to head with the really big guys in the foreseeable future.
Here's the latest:
RICOH HOSTS COMPETITION INVITING CITIZENS TO BECOME PHOTOJOURNALISTS USING RICOH THETA 360-DEGREE CAMERAS
(Ricoh Imaging) is pleased to announce the PENTAX Q7 Premium Kit, featuring the world smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera system, four high-performance lenses and a host of accessories all wrapped up in an exclusive package.
Available in a limited quantity of 1,000 units world-wide, the PENTAX Q7 premium kit includes the following items:
- PENTAX Q7 camera body (Color: black x black)
- PENTAX-01 STANDARD PRIME (Color: black)
- PENTAX-02 STANDARD ZOOM (Color: black)
- PENTAX-06 TELEPHOTO ZOOM
- PENTAX-08 WIDE ZOOM
- MH-RB40.5 Metal Hood for 01 (Color: black)*
- PH-RBB40.5 Plastic Hood for 02
- PH-RBA40.5 Plastic Hood for 06
- PH-RBF49 Plastic Hood for 08
- PENTAX -100 PL Polarizing filter**
- O-CB133 Camera Bag
- Special kit box
Accessories: rechargeable lithium-ion battery, battery charger, AC power cord, USB cable, CD-ROM software, strap
* This hood is exclusively designed for the kit, and is treated with a special black coating.
** Usable on the 01, 02 and 06 lenses. The 02 lens may be affected by some vignetting at its wide-angle end when mounted on the Q7 camera body.
Note: The specifications of the camera body, lenses and accessories are identical with those of standard products.
Weighing in a just 7 ounces, the Q7’s compact body enables easy pocketable portability while the in-camera filters and assorted lens variety inspire the casual photographer to elevate their creativity. Featuring a 1/1.7 inch, back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, high sensitivity shooting up to ISO 12800 and enhanced Q ENGINE with fast response time during start-up and shooting, the Q7 produces sharp and beautiful images with a creative flare.
- The PENTAX-01 Standard Prime and PENTAX-02 Standard Zoom lenses have been treated with a black coating identical to that used on the camera body, to enhance visual harmony.
- The Metal Hood for 01 is treated with a special back coating that matches the color of the 01 lens.
- The O-CB133 is a shoulder-bag-type camera case, which holds a Q7 camera body with the 02 lens mounted, and as many as five interchangeable Q-mount lenses.
- The kit is packaged in a specially designed kit box.
Pricing and Availability
The limited edition PENTAX Q7 Premium Kit will be available at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com in late April 2014 for a suggested retail price of $1,199.95.
Additional information as well as images for the PENTAX Q7 compact system camera can be found at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com.
Thanks for reading,