Wednesday, July 2, 2014

# 14 - Our current two-year RV trip across North America. This week, "Saturday morning in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana". I used the Pentax K-3 equipped with the smc PENTAX DA Star 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM.


Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Photographer friends,


Saturday morning in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana



The Pentax K-3 is probably the best APS-C cropped sensor DSLR on thew market. 

I have been using Pentax camera and lenses since I was in Junior High.


The  smc PENTAX DA Star 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM
is one of my favorite lens, It has a large aperture and the bokeh is good for portraits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This week, we were in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. We stayed at the Cajun Palms RV Rersort.   What a blast. These folks party all of the time.  The Park was full, and in the Cajun tradition, it was a general Party for everyone. 

Talking to the locals, we learned about a place called "Cafe Des Amis". Every Saturday morning, starting at 7:00 A.M. people gather in this small place to have breakfast, bloody mary and dance. The band played Zydeco music, non-stop, till noon. Everyone danced, including myself and my wife.

The YouTube video below is a blend of images taken with my Pentax K-3 equipped with the DA* 16-50mm. The video clips were taken with the K-3 and the iPhone 5S. The montage was done using my iPad and iMovie. All the still images were captured with the K-3.





I have a hard time crawling out of bed by 9:00 A.M. but these folks are playing Zydeco music at 7:00 A.M.

Taken with the K-3, at ISO 2000 to capture the ambiance and I added the vignetting with Adobe Lightroom.


The smc Pentax DA* 16-50 is a great portrait lens.


Here is another example of the soft bokeh of the DA 16-50.


Thank you for reading. Keep using you Pentax equipment. Pentax is gaining on the competition. I'm glad that Ricoh took Pentax under it's wings.

Yvon Bourque


Visit us on Facebook and please like us. Our Facebook page is updated more often with news about Ricoh / Pentax.


Thank you for reading,

Go out and take pictures.

Yvon Bourque




No comments: