Monday, September 15, 2014

San Diego is a really nice place. I wish I could afford a house here. Pentax K-3 and DA* 60-250mm

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

 Hi Photographer friends,

I drove to the Sunset Cliffs area of San Diego today. I love San Diego. The temperature is usually moderate all year long and there are so much to do here. I find it easier to take great photographs when the location is great. As they say, "If you are lucky enough to live near the beach...you're lucky enough".

I will have to come back here later on so that I can actually capture gorgeous sunsets, as the name of the place implies. Today I got the Cliffs, next time I will get the Sunset.

Except for the surfer dude, all images were taken with the Pentax K-3 and the DA* 60-250mm. The camera was set as follow. ISO 100, Aperture of f/22, Multi-exposure+Continuous, Composite Mode set to Average, and the number of shots set to 40. You would usually need to use Neutral Density filters for this kind of photographs, but with the K-3, multi-exposure of up to 2000 can be taken and the image balanced to average, just like if you would stack several images using Photoshop.

I love this Camera.

Sometimes, simplicity is best. 

Long exposures produce nice images.

I wouldn't want to be caught in the waves, but it sure is pretty.

Distant view using the Pentax DA* 60-250mm, at 250.

There wasn't too many surfers today, as the waves weren't that good.

Thanks for visiting,
Yvon Bourque





Visit us on Facebook and  like us. 
Our Facebook page is updated more often with news about Ricoh / Pentax.




No comments: