Friday, October 24, 2014

There is always something interesting to take picture of...but you need to get out. Pentax K-3 and DA*60-250.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com 

 Hi Photographer friends,

It's been a long week and I wasn't in a position to go out and take some pictures. Today, I had to get away and find something interesting to shoot. I am not in a particularly photogenic area and wondered what to look for. I could have gone in town and take street photography, but where I currently am , I might have goten in trouble.

I drove toward the country side. This area is known for dairy farms.  However, I had no intentions  of taking pictures of cows. 

I drove for a while, but there wasn't much else than dairy farms and cows as far as I could see. I spotted a man-man lake just beside one of the dairy farms. There was a bunch of birds standing in the shallow dirty water.  The reflection was great. I took one shot and the birds took off. I capture another shot as they were flying away. All and all, I like the two images. They were taken with my Pentax K-3 and the DA* 16-250mm.

Driving back, I passed a sod farm and took a picture of the irrigation system. Although it's more of an industrial image, I like the effect.

The moral of the above post is that there is always something interesting to shoot. You just need to get out and look around.

After my wife looked on the Audubon Bird website, we found that the birds are Black-necked Stilt birds.
Read more about them here: http://birds.audubon.org/birds/black-necked-stilt





Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque




Visit us on Facebook and  like us. 
Our Facebook page is updated more often with news about Ricoh / Pentax.


No comments: