Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Pentax K-3 is the best DSLR I have ever owned, but without memory cards, it can't do much. That's when my iPhone came to the rescue.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com 

Hi Photographer friends,

After about eight inches of snow overnight last week, I headed up to Big Bear Lake. We are moving there in the next few weeks, but I wanted to go see how it looked with a blanket of snow. On my way up, I realized that I had left my SDHC memory cards at home. The K-3 is a wonderful camera but it does need memory cards.

The scenery was spectacular and I decided  to use the cheap camera within the iPhone 5s, instead of driving back fifty miles. I am surprised at the results I  obtained. I can only imagine what it would have looked like with the K-3.

Oh well! I'm pretty sure we will get more snow and I will do an essay on Big Bear Lake soon. For now, I am still amazed of the iPhone results. These images are direct from the iPhone, without any post process. I just emailed them to myself and posted them.






Thank you for reading.

Yvon Bourque

Please visit and like us on Facebook.

If you need an easy-to-understand e-book for your Pentax DSLR, please check our e-books store. 

No comments: