Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It seems to me like the Pentax K-S2 is not selling very well. Why? Timing is everything.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com 

 Hi Photographer friends,



It seems to me that the Pentax K-S2 is not selling very well. Why?

I don't actually know if it sells good or not, but judging by the e-books I sell, the K-S2 is not doing very good. My newest e-book, for the K-S2 is my best e-book ever. There are more images, illustrations,  internet links and links within the e-book. The template used for that e-book has been revised to a more intuitive format. 

I sell the K-3/K-3II e-book 10 to 1 when compared to the K-S2. I sell the K-5/K-5II e-books 5 to 1 when compared to the K-S2.

The K-S2 is a great little camera. It's the first Pentax with Wi-Fi and the first with the rotating screen. I thought the sales would go through the roof with it. So...why is it not selling that well?

For one thing, I think that many people are awaiting for the introduction of the Full Frame Pentax this fall. 

But I really think that the main reason is its price. It's not that the camera is crazy expensive, but its introduction to the market was not done wisely, in my opinion.  

As I write this, the K-S2 with the 18-50mm kit lens is selling for $674.99 with free expedited shipping. 

The remaining K-3 still new and still available at most stores, is selling for $749,00 with free expedited shipping and the K-3II is selling for $935.24 also with free expedited shipping The kit lens in not included, but I suspect that they sell way more of these cameras without the kit lens. 

On the used market, like EBay, the K-3 can be found at an average of around $ 650.00.  The K-3 is definitely a better DSLR than the K-S2. People are not stupid, they can see value for the money and the K-3 is the best value in the Pentax world at this time. 

They should have waited until  the K-3 stocks were depleted or introduce the K-S2 at around $500.00.

What do you think?

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

----------------------------------------------------------
Click the image to visit our e-book store or to get a free sample.


No comments: