Saturday, July 21, 2007

Trip to Florida





I'm just back from a 10 day vacation in Florida. My two daughters live there as well as my precious grand daughter. I never go anywhere without my K10D and this time was no exception. It was a real hassle going through security at airports, but it was well worth the inconveniences.

My grand daughter is a little over three years old and it took all I had to keep up with her. She’s going a mile a minute. It was a joy to spoil her a little. I told her that while I was there, she was the “Boss” and that we would do what she wanted.

We bought some toys, clothes, went out for sushi a few times, bought candy and ice cream, and went to the beach. I took a lot of pictures, and it’s a good thing that I live in the digital camera era. Films would have cost a fortune, giving that I took about 500 pictures.

I always enjoyed taking pictures of children. The first five minutes, they are a little timid but they soon forget about the camera and go on with their business. You know that three years old have a lot of business to tend to.

I used a Sigma EX 70-200 f/2.8 lens for most of my shooting. That way, I was able to stay far enough without disrupting her important business, and the bokeh that you get with a fast telephoto is great, at least with that particular lens. This is the only non-Pentax lens I own and I believe it’s one of the best lens Sigma ever produced. I am a little bias, but I think she is the most beautiful little girl I ever saw. I think she will be a star someday. She’s already my star. Hollywood........you can contact us on this site :)
.
.
It’s easy to leave comments below. Click on COMMENTS. Type your comments in the box, leave you name if you wish to. That’s all there is to it. Everyone visiting this blog can see your comments by clicking COMMENTS as well. Keep in mind that profanity and derogatory comments will be deleted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures indeed, hard to pick the best.
Fine Blog BTW.

Sune/Jonson PL