Friday, November 23, 2007

Yosemite first day....As much traffic as New York City.

Click on pictures to enlarge.
We arrived in Yosemite National Park on Thanksgiving Day around 4:00 P.M. We actually stayed at a hotel in Oakhurst. This morning, Friday, we got up early and we were ready to go to Yosemite. I have never been here and I was very anxious to see the land that Ansel Adams dedicated his entire photographic career and life to.

The day didn’t go as planned in a hurry. As we actually got in the park, our car engine temperature got hot. After inspection, I realized that our radiator had a leak. I had to go to an auto part store and get some “Stop leaks” and luckily, it worked. Upon our return, around 10:30 A.M. there was a traffic line about a mile long at the entrance gate. The parking lots were as full as a Wal-Mart during a sale. We didn’t know, but the Thanksgiving holiday is the busiest day of the year at Yosemite. Hopefully, most people will be driving back home tomorrow. We will be here through Monday, so I know that we will have a chance to explore the park peacefully.

I did have a chance to take some pictures, but most were away from the hot spots, as there were too many people. We had a nice conversation with a couple by the river. They were relaxing in camping chairs, away from the crowd, while their dog (pictured above) was having fun in the water.

I everything goes as planned tomorrow; we will be there early and should be able to get some great shots “à la Ansel Adams” style.

Check the blog again, as I will post more photos every night through Monday.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque
You can email me if you don't like to leave comments yvon@k10dbook.com

Post a Comment