Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yes, being a Pentaxian is being a little obsessed.

Yes, being a Pentaxian is being a little obsessed. I have admitted to that a while back.

I had a post a few Months back where I was talking about one of my best photographic gadget. I own this older 1988 Jeep Wrangler that we modified so that it could go just about anywhere. I find it very useful to go where I wouldn't be able to go otherwise. Here in California, we have a lot of mountains and desert areas, and of course, miles and miles of beaches, not all easily accessible. Although many places can be accessed by foot, if you want to go in nature and be back for supper, you have to drive to your destination. That's why I consider my Jeep as part of my photographic equipment.

I have decals on my Jeep, one that says YJ because the Jeep model is a ...YJ. I have one of Yosemite and one of National Geographic. Yosemite because I think it is one of the most beautiful place and National Geographic because I always dreamed of having my photographs features in National Geographic. Although it never happened, it's not uncommon for people to assume that I shoot for National Geographic.






Well, I shoot Pentax and I did not have a Pentax sticker. Of course, there is the LBA sticker, but not everyone knows the meaning. So I went to work and designed a sticker that shows I'm a Pentax shooter. I incorporated a silhouette of my Jeep and a Yucca tree in the background, as well as the blog URL. I had a local sign printing business make the stickers for me in vinyl.

Now, I think that all my hobbies and dreams are affixed to my Jeep for the whole world to see. I'm proud of who I am and what I love.
By the way, all photos were taken with the K20D and the new Pentax DA* 200mm f/2.8. Watch for my upcoming photographer's review of the DA* 200mm and the DA* 300mm. For me, a photographer's review will be one of a non-pixel peeper. One that shows real pictures taken with the lenses, instead of graphics inside a studio. One that talks about the construction, the feel and the look of the lenses. It will be about the lenses as a tool for you...the photographers.

That's what being a Pentaxian is all about.

Thank you for reading.

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Hey great sticker! Since when have you made bumper stickers? You are a man of many talents and surprises! I like the NG sticker too. You know its not too late to get a photo published in it. You're quite young still....