Wednesday, November 5, 2008

African figurines through the lens of my K20D.


This has been a long day for me at work. I am really drained and could not think of much to write about regarding photography. Sometimes, the creative juice is just not there. Since I want to write something everyday, I had to think hard of what I could put on the blog. I looked at my pictures saved through Lightroom, in search of something interesting.

For those who have followed this blog for a while, you know that we spend a lot of time going to flea markets and swap meets on weekends. A few weeks back, while browsing through the flea market tables, someone had African sculptures and other stuff from Africa for sale.

We don’t collect any of these, but I was intrigued by all the colors. I took a close-up of some figurines made of hemp (I believe). The colors were pulling me in. I took several pictures and on my return home, looked at them on my computer monitor.

There is nothing very great about the picture herein, but I couldn’t help to notice that the figurines looked like real people in their postures. They are all looking at the camera and the figurines in the back are leaning as to if they wanted to be in the picture as well.

I wondered thereafter if they were Voodoo dolls.

By the way, these were taken with my Pentax K20D and the DA 50-200mm set at 95mm.

Thanks for reading.

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yvon, those dolls sure look freaky... :-)