Sunday, November 23, 2008

Close-up photography (Macro)

Purchased on EBay tonight.

I need this lens.

Hi Pentaxian friends,

For some reason or another, macro photography never interested me much. Since photography is my passion, I always like to photograph new subjects and learn new skills. I think it's about time I give macro photography a serious try. Of course, I took some close-up pictures of flowers and occasional insects along the way (My close-up of the Preying Mantis has been subject of many comments. If you search “Preying Mantis” in Google Images, my picture is at the top of the list). I was just lucky, the Preying Mantis did all the work. However, I never perfected the macro photography skills to the limits of my capabilities.

I will give it all my best in the coming weeks or months and sharpen my macro photography dexterity. I don’t yet have a dedicated prime macro lens, but all indications are that my best bet, in the Pentax line, is the FA 100mm f/2.8. I will purchase the lens in a little while, as soon as I can save enough money. As of today, I own a few older Pentax lenses that have macro capability. I own a genuine Pentax Bellows system, three close-up lenses, a Vivitar Macro-Focusing Teleconverter and I just purchased three genuine Pentax manual extension tubes for “K” mount, tonight, on EBay.

I have enough to get started. I will share my experiences in this blog and perhaps some of you can give me some pointers along the way.

Thank you for reading and don’t forget to give me some pointers about macro photography.

Yvon Bourque

No comments: