Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Pentax System Family Picture.

Hi Pentaxian friends,

When I was young, in my teens, I used to walk downtown Montreal, and window shop at all of the camera stores. Just like in New York City, all the camera stores were pretty much in the same area, on Notre Dame street. I didn't have enough money back then to purchase a new camera. I would stare hours on end, at everything they had in the display windows. Sometimes, I would go inside, but the sales people would chase me off since I was not purchasing anything. They actually knew me, the kid with no money to buy anything. I would also go to magazine stands, and look at all of the ads at the back of the magazines. Somehow, I 've always been attracted to the photos of cameras, lenses, gadgets, anything photographic. I still do that today. B&H photo and Adorama have several pages of advertisement in just about every American magazines. I still spend more time looking at the small print ads and equipment pictures than I do reading the articles. I actually read magazines starting by the back cover and working my way to the front cover. After spending a lifetime reading photographic magazines, I see the same articles years after years, recycled for the cameras available at the publishing time. Y0u know, there is just so much you can write about photography before you start repeating yourself.

Just in case there are other "photogs" like me out there, someone that likes to look at pictures of equipment and examine all the details, someone that spends more time reading the ads than the articles, the Pentax Family Picture at the top shows the current Pentax line of DSLR cameras, lenses, flashes and some smaller items. There are no text, just pictures that you can examine to your heart's content. It all there, all in the same photograph, so that you can at least dream of what you would like for Santa to leave under the Christmas Tree.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the LBA inducement...

:-s

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think this should be an ad in a magazine for Pentax! Great idea

Anonymous said...

My problem is I'm still the kid with no money and I'm 56

Unknown said...

Anonymous,

So am I. But still I like to look at all the Pentax system so that one day, I will purchase something.

Anonymous said...

When u dream of something..u will find ways of making it comes to reality..so keep on looking n staring through the display windows and the ads in the magazine to keep your motivation going on n eventually get what u dream of. :-D

Unknown said...

Kareem,

That's very true. If you want it hard enough, you will eventually get what you want.
Very wise observation!

Lorne said...

I'll take one of each please.

Practechnical said...

I'm so relieved to find out that I'm not the only person to "read" photo mags from back to front. Thanks for the eye candy!