Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If you think I'm excited about PMA09, I am!

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column.
We honor reciprocal links.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

There are no places like the annual PMA show to look and try all the new photography stuff. For us, photographers, it's like letting us loose in a gigantic camera store. My wife would say "It's like letting a kid loose in a gigantic toy store". Yes, we do like our toys. They also say that the difference between men and boys are the price of their toys! Well...like Danny DeVito says in the movie Other people's money, “The one with the most toys when he dies – wins”

All jokes aside, the PMA is a great show. Where else can you see, touch and try everything available for the photography world? I'll be there for all three days and I will see, touch and try everything I can, as long as it works with my Pentax DSLRs. With a site named PentaxDSLRs, I guess you can understand why.

There are plenty of lenses, tripods, flashes, camera bags, software, gadgets, etc, that will work with Pentax. I will report on them and show photos and specs on this blogsite. If everything goes according to plans, I will be interviewing some Pentax representatives, executives and Pentaxians photographers. Those will be posted right here, with photos. I might even take some video clips.

Rest assured that if Pentax unveils any new gear, it will be posted here just minutes after announcement. If you have any reasonable questions you would like to ask Pentax, I would be glad to ask them to Pentax on your behalf and post your name, the question(s) and the answers on this site as well.

So tune in next week, from March 3 through March 5, and everything regarding Pentax will be posted here.

Here's some pictures of Pentax at previous PMA trade shows.


Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

4 comments:

Luann said...

Tell Pentax I love them, but when can we expect a FF digital SLR?

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, love my K-M. Could you ask for a firmware update for the K-M, separating the menus for selftimer and bracketing? That would make it possible to use a selftimed bracket, wich is actually impossible

Anonymous said...

I am excited too! Thank you for the opportunity of asking... My question to Pentax is about establishing offices in middle Europe. I'm from Hungary and the nearest repairing service is 1500 kilometers far in Hamburg. Pentax has a good name in Hungary but newcomers afraid of buying Pentax stuff because the trouble with service. It would be nice to have an office in Hungary or a repair service nearby. Thanks in advance, looking forward for your posts about PMA.

Anonymous said...

Hi, its me again.
If you get the pentax officials to issue a statement about adressing falsefocussing issues under tungsten lighting in the future (like Canon does already by sensing the light temperature and shifting focus adequatly) that would put an end to the endless backfocus/frontfocus discussions in our Pentaxforums :-)
Plus a firmware update for ALL Pentaxbodies to manually adjust focussing as the K20D can do it....