Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Pentax 645D, Lenses, Titanium K20D etc.

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

There is so much Buzz about the new Pentax 645D being announced at at Photo Imaging Expo 2009 in Tokyo. There will also be two new lenses for the 645D. It will be 100% compatible with the current 645 lenses. The K20D gets a retro look and the K-m receives another color. I'm still sick so I won't take much time writing about today's news. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a few thousands words. Drooling is permitted.
Note that this move is very similar to what I had predicted in this article back in October of 2008.


And that's just the "New Beginning". There will be more to come.

Thank you for looking!

Yvon Bourque

4 comments:

Jan Moren said...

Meanwhile, on the sad news front, the film 645 and the 67Nii will both be discontinued this fall. Not completely unexpected, and you'll be able to find them on the used market for many years to come, but still.

Unknown said...

Janne,

So goes progress. I can't think of anything, photographic or otherwise, that hasn't been improved upon by technology. I don't look back, just keep moving forward.

Aleksander Helgaker said...

I like the look of that k20d.

On another note, I just purchased the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 Macro, and I have to say, the results are much better than those produced by the kit lens from my k200d. Next on my purchase list is the new 10-20 HSM, as soon as the there are a few reviews out. Looks like a good choice for doing hand held night shots.

Suecae Sounds said...

Now if only I could afford that 645D beast. Hehe. :)