Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm trying Panoramic pictures...

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I went out and shot a few pictures today. I wanted to try to get some panoramic images. I only converted two, and I did it actually with Photoshop Element 7. I was going to purchase ArcSoft’s Panorama Maker 4 Pro, but it seems that Element 7 does a pretty good job. I might have saved myself $79.00. What do you suggest for software?

Surprisingly, the two pictures herein were done shooting “handheld” with no tripod or special panoramic heads. I used my K20D with the new Pentax DA* 55mm f/1.4. All shots were taken in manual mode. I used the green button for testing the suggested aperture/shutter speed, and interpolated the results to 1/30th sec @ F/22 for maximum depth of field. I know these aren’t the greatest panos, but I will get it right with a little practice. I am awaiting my panoramic head for adjusting the nodal point and shooting at closer range.

Click here to enlarge the picture above.


Click here to enlarge the picture above.


Thanks for reading,
Yvon Bourque
Post a Comment