Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pentax DA 15mm f/4 ED Limited lens arrived today.

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I received my Pentax DA 15mm f/4 ED Limited lens. What a beautiful little lens. I like big lenses and big cameras, but lately, I have been so impressed with the Pentax Limited lenses, that I got to have the whole series. I still like big cameras and lenses when I go for a planned photo shoot, but for traveling, I am now favoring the Limited lenses with either the K2000 or the K200D without the handgrip.

The Pentax prime lenses have a very good reputation.

I will test the lens in the coming days and will report my impressions on this blog.



Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woot! Looking forward for any samples from you. I'm also very interested in buying this 15 mm prime :]

Martin Lamprecht said...

Hi Yvon,
I have the 21mm and 70mm Pentax Limited series lenses. In fact, I think of them as 'gems' not mere lenses. It is great to see that Pentax still rolls out new prime lenses, for which the market is probably relatively 'limited' (pun intended). For a Limited series wide angle, it would be great to have something wider than the 15mm (which I cover with my DA* 16-50mm). A 10mm or 11mm would be nice... The lenses in this series are very sharp and are tops in fit and finish.
Martin

Miserere said...

Nice purchase, Yvon. I'd like to hear how it handles manual focusing.

Blotz said...

I only have one ltd lens, the 40mm pancake, and it never leaves the camera .)

Jeff said...

I love my Pentax DA 21mm, FA 43mm, and DA 70mm Limited lenses. Nothing else out there offers the sheer pleasure of shooting with these babies!

Anonymous said...

with this lens, my wide to normal range will be comleted, 21mm and 31mm ain't wide enough sometimes. will make a great addition to the collection of primes.