Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mannequins with better facial expressions than some real people...they don't have any worries! Could they just be happy about the Pentax K-7?




Click pictures to enlarge.

Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. I can be contacted at: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

Back in January, we were in Palm Springs for a weekend of R&R. I was just updating my files tonight when I stumbled on the pictures above. The first three mannequins were all located in the same store. It was a clothing store. It was late at night and the lighting was coming from the inside of the store. Using the Pentax K200D set at ISO 200, with the DA 18-55mm set at 42mm with an aperture of f/5.6 - 1/100th sec, I pressed the lens right up against window pane to alleviate any reflection, and took the pictures. I love the facial expression and the vivid colors of the mannequins.

The last picture was taken the next day, at lunch time, at a hamburger joint called "Hamburger Mary". I took that picture with the Pentax K20D fitted with the DA* 16-50mm set at 21mm, ISO 200, 1/750 sec @ f/2.8. The burgers were really good and you should stop there if you ever go to Palm Springs. As for the mannequin, Dolly Parton was probably the inspiration!

I like these pictures of joyful faces, and yet, there aren't any real people in the frame.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Josh said...

I like these photos.