Monday, June 15, 2009

More pictures taken with the K-7.










Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. We honor reciprocal links. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I drove to the San Bernardino mountains with Ms. J. Peggy (Jeep) today. I was going to test-drive the K-7 with several lenses and conditions. As it turned out, we were socked in all day. The fog was so thick at times that I couldn't hardly see ahead of me. That's not very good when you are at 7,000 plus feet elevation and that the road runs along the mountain side.

Still, I filled a 4gb SDHC card, but I made one big mistake. The K-7 is still a pre-production model and Adobe doesn't recognize the Pentax RAW/PEF file from the K-7 yet. I should have used the RAW/DGN format, as I did yesterday, but I decided to reset the camera this morning and was using RAW/PEF all day. I had to change the files to JPG format in-camera .

None-the-less, the pictures above are all from the K-7, but I did manipulate the JPG files as good as I could. It's still not all that bad, but RAW to JPG is better when done with Adobe Lightroom. Some days you win...some days you lose.

Thank you for looking,

Yvon Bourque

7 comments:

Neil Gaudet said...

Yvon that is one slick looking Jeep. You have some amazing back country to travel in. Love the zoomed while exposing shot from the driver side very cool.


Cheers


Adam

Unknown said...

Thanks Adam,

I feel like my Jeep is part of my photographic gear. It allows me to go to places I wouldn't be able to otherwise. I love the back country, especially mountains.

pentax kid said...

We would like to have some more "usage info" please. As an 14MP camera the K-7 paired with a good lens will surely produce great photos.

How about the Auto-Focus? Is it any better than the poor AF of the previous Pentax cameras? Any other interesting aspects?

Unknown said...

Pentax Kid,

Keep following this blog, we will be going through all of the K-7 attributes one at a time.

Best Regards

Yvon Bourque

pentax kid said...

Yes, of course I will follow the blog, keep up the good work!

Ken said...

I am looking forward to seeing more beautiful scenic shots from your K-7 Yvon.

Comparing with your older landscape shots using the K20D there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference quality-wise, but I suppose when you can do the PP your favoured way with LR then we might see some distinction :)

Unknown said...

ken - At the present time, Pentax dooesn't want me to show images full size until the production camera is out in the USA. But...believe me, the image quality is very much improved. I shot at ISO 1600 and there was no noise to speak of. The AF is so much faster, etc. I will put more photos and talk about the attributes of the K-7 in the weeks to come. By the way, I received firmware V 1.0 and installed it. I now have to see what the differences are.