Friday, October 9, 2009

Tomorrow is the Pentax World Global Shoot Day. We will be camping in the San Bernardino Mountains @ more than 8,000ft Elevation. K-7s are ready...but











Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column.We honor reciprocal links. Email: brqyvn@aol.com



Hi Pentaxian friends.

This weekend me and my step son are supposed to go primitive camping in the San Bernardino mountains. You can go by foot, but we usually go with my Jeep. In preparation for this trip, I checked the Jeep this week to make sure everything was in order. We drive to about 8,000 ftelevation and because the air is thinner up there, vehicles don't always burn the fuel in the proper air/fuel mixture.

As murphy law would have it, I found out that the intake manifold gasket was leaking and that the radiator was also loosing coolant. I have been working on the Jeep since Wednesday and it is almost ready (Friday Night @ 7:05 P.M.). We hope there won't be anymore problems and we think we will be ready around midnight.

We want to leave before sun-up so that we can take great sun rise pictures on the mountains. Tomorrow is the “PENTAX WORLD” GLOBAL SHOOT DAY: Saturday, October 10, 2009 . We are hoping to get some great shots to share.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to post this. I'm going down in the garage to finish our repairs work.

Update at 1:30 A.M Saturday. We can't get the new carburetor to work properly. It looks like a defective carburetor. We will spend one hour in the morning trying to install the old carb and if that doesn't work, we will still go camping on the mountains but with my trusted Chevy 4WD Pickup. You can't always have what you want... ;(


Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope it works. I know you guys were looking forward to this trip. Please have a great time and take a lot of pictures. :)