Glass Art exposition at the CityCenter. The artis: Dale Chihuly. His creations are just magnificient.
The new Aria Hotel with the impressive water wall that constantly changes.
Driving on the Vegas Strip at night.
Hi Pentaxian friends.
I was in Las Vegas from Thursday January 7th through Monday January 11th. I was there primarily to attend the Consumer Electronic Show (CES), but there was so much to do in Vegas that I decided to split the upcoming blogs in several segments. I only spent one day at the CES. It's a fun show, but there was soo many people and other than the upcoming 3D Televisions, it was the same new stuff that has been shown on the G4 Network.
- The first day, I was fortunate enough to meet with the Pentax group at the new ARIA Hotel. Pentax had a suite instead of the usual booth at the CES. I did met some influential people.
- I visited the new ARIA Hotel and the new CityCenter. I took some very interesting photographs that I think you will like.
- There is something magical about the Las Vegas city lights, the neon signs and the Strip. I have an essay on the night lights in Vegas I want to share with my readers.
- There is a reality television show aired on the History channel, called Pawn Star$. Generations of men from the Harrison family – grandfather, father and son – amusingly clash while running the business together. We found the pawn shop and were able to take some pictures inside.
- Las Vegas has grown so rapidly in the last decades that some of the old Casinos were demolished to make place for new bigger Casinos. Some of the old neon signs are kept in a "graveyard" on the east side of Vegas. I was able to locate the Neon Sign Graveyard, and although it was not accessible to the public, I got some great shots through the fence and by climbing on the roof of the rented car. ;-)
- Finally, the CES was just a visit to the current and future electronic gadgetry's . I was unimpressed. Many bloggers, TV networks, and magazines have reported on just about everything that was at the show. I don't think I can add to it.
Come back in the following days. I will be posting photos and reports on the subjects above.
We support this site by selling e-books for the Pentax Digital SLR cameras, including the K100D, K10D, K20D, K-7 and the K-x. This site does not ask for contributions. We sell real tangible merchandise that can improve your photography. Our free Auto-focus adjustment charts have been downloaded thousands of times by Pentaxians as well as Nikon and Canon users.
Thank you for your visit,