Friday, January 22, 2010

Las Vegas is also a City of Lights; Photo essay with the Pentax K-7 *Breaking the Rules*

Just another picture of streaking lights. Every photographer does it at least once.

The City Center with its ultra modern amenitiess reminds me of the 1962 TV show "The Jetsons".

It's hard to imagine a "Las Vegas" in black & white.

It has been said that because of the current economic situation, Las Vegas is becoming a ghost town. I believe I captures some ghosts myself!

Sometimes, you need to break all the rules.


One hand on the camera and the other on the steering wheel, while driving 40 mph on the Vegas Strip gives you the above.
_____________________________________________________


Visitors to this page also liked: See "Recommended Reading" on the right column. Email: brqyvn@aol.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

Most people like night pictures. I can't think of a better place for that than Las Vegas. I took the pictures above a few weeks ago. Instead of using a tripod, like I usually do for this type of pictures, I just held the camera whithout worrying about blurriness. Sometimes, breaking all the rules is simply fun. All the pictures in this post are breaking the rules, but yet, I do like them.

Sure, the images could have been crystal clear, but the blurriness does give a feeling of movement. You ought to try it, if you haven't already done so.

I also took some pictures of Las Vegas at Night with the Pentax K20D last year, whithout breaking the rules. See that essay here.

Thanks for reading,

Yvon Bourque

We support this site by selling e-books for the Pentax Digital SLR cameras, including theK100D, K10D, K20D, K-7 and the K-x. This site does not ask for contributions. We sell real tangible merchandise that can improve your photography. Our free Auto-focus adjustment charts have been downloaded thousands of times by Pentaxians as well as Nikon and Canon users.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.