Visitors to this page also like "Recommended Reading" on the right column. Email: email@example.com
Hi Pentaxian friends.
I found that Pentax U.K had one of the best description of the new Pentax K-5, along with accompanying images. It's also in various languages, depending on the Country; Pentax France, Pentax Germany, Pentax Netherland, My native Land, Pentax Canada is still stuck in the K20D era!, Pentax Japan is the most detailed presentation...but I can't read a word, Pentax China looks like chinese to me, and of course we are familiar with Pentax USA.
Pentax K-5 Highly Sensitive:
High-resolution, low-noise, true-to-life image reproduction
PENTAX K-5 incorporates a new generation CMOS sensor, combined with the reliable PRIME II Imaging Engine, which produce high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images.
Responsive, high-precision autofocus system
The K-5 embeds the same new-generation SAFOX IX+ autofocus system as PENTAX 645D Medium Format camera, which features 11 sensor points (with 9 cross-type sensors in the middle) to assure pinpoint and fast.
K-5's new-generation sensor combined with highly performant autofocus algorithms ensure accurate and quick contrast AF operation during Live View shooting. With the addition of a Golden Section display, the K-5 offers a choice of three different grid patterns to facilitate image composition.
Continuous shooting at 7 images per second
The K-5’s high-speed continuous shooting mode records up to 22 images (in JPEG recording format) in a single sequence at a maximum speed of 7 images per second, allowing you to take sharp pictures of active, fast-moving subjects with great ease.
Recording of Full HD-proportion movies
The K-5 captures beautiful, true-to-life movie clips in 16:9 Full HD proportions at a frame rate of 25 frames per second. This extends many the benefits of high-quality SLR photography to the world of movie shooting. For instance, reduce the depth of field to make a subject stand out, or use different interchangeable lenses to create distinctive visual effects. The K-5 also allowes to add specific visual effects during shooting.
Compact, solid, functional camera body
The K-5 is exceptionally solid and durable, with a body of sturdy yet lightweight magnesium alloy, and a chassis of highly-rigid stainless steel. Thanks to the inclusion of 77 special seals, it also boasts a dustproof, weather-resistant and cold-resistant (-10°C) construction, assuring reliable operation even under harsh environment.
Bright, clear viewfinder with 100% coverage
The K-5 features a pentaprism finder with a 100% field of view which assures a great visibility in outdoor shooting and improves the accuracy of focusing and image composition. It also comes with the renowned Natural-Bright-Matte focusing screen to assist you with manual-focus operation.
Shake Reduction mechanism with user-assisting options
The K-5 features the PENTAX-Shake Reduction, which effectively compensates the effect of camera shake by up to 4 shutter steps to produce sharp, blur-free images. This innovative mechanism works with all PENTAX lenses — even those designed for analog cameras. K-5 also features an auto level compensation function to assure effortless adjustment of horizontal alignment, and a composition adjustment function to automatically compensate for the camera’s inclination during handheld shooting — vertically, horizontally, and in the direction of rotation.
Large 3.0-inch wide-view color LCD monitor
The K-5 features a large, high-resolution color LCD monitor with 921,000 dots. Its wide-view design assures a clear view of the monitor image from 170 degrees horizontally and vertically.
Innovative image-processing functions to produce distinctive photographic expressions
(1) Custom image function for distinctive finishing touches
The K-5 offers a choice of 9 Custom Image modes, which allows you to easily select a desired finishing touch for a particular image in order to more faithfully express your creative intention or emphasize the prevailing atmosphere.
(2) Digital filters function
This function allows you to process recorded images and produce highly creative visual expressions without the need of a computer. You not only have a choice of 18 different filters, but can also apply different filters one after another to a single image to create more visual effects.
(3) Cross process mode with three options
The K-5 features the unique Cross process mode, in which the camera automatically shifts photographic parameters for each exposure to create eye-catching images with unique, dramatic colors — just like pictures treated with the cross process in film photography.
(4) HDR (High Dynamic Range) function
The K-5 features the HDR (high dynamic range) function to create one composite image with an extra-wide gradation range from 3 images with different exposures, without requiring a computer.
1) Electronic level function, with a newly added tilt confirmation tool.
2) Extended-exposure NR (Noise Reduction) function, with a choice of Auto, On and Off modes.
3) High-sensitivity Noise Reduction function, with a camera-dependent Auto mode and a user-adjustable reduction strength preset for each ISO setting.
4) RAW/Fx button, for single-action switching of image file format, as well as for assignment and instant recall of a specific function.
5) 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for extra-accurate light measurement.
6) Dust Removal II mechanism, to shake dust off the CMOS image sensor as effectively as any other dust removal device.
7) Long battery life, for recording of 980 images with full recharge.
8) User-friendly Hyper control system, to flexibly and accurately respond to the photographer’s creative intentions.
9) Dynamic-range expansion function, to compensate for both overexposed and underexposed areas.
10) Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration (available with DA-,DFA- and FA Limited-series lenses).
11) CTE mode, to automatically adjust the white-balance level to emphasize primary colors of scenes.
12) Attachment of copyright credits on recorded images.
13) D-BG4 Battery Grip (optional) for extra power supply with an exclusive rechargeable lithium-ion battery or six AA-size batteries.
14) Color-specific control buttons/dials for easy recognition and quick access, based on the universal color design.
15) PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 software package, including a RAW-data processing and browser application (based on the popular SILKYPIX RAW-data processing engine developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) and a browser application.
Copyright pictures: degresfahrenheit.com, tempete2pixel