Monday, February 21, 2011

When it rains, sometimes it pours. Dear Pentax friends...

 Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your comments and the dozens of emails in this difficult time for me and my family. I do have a lot of "Cyber Friends" after all. I really appreciated it.

Hi Pentaxian friends.

When it rains, sometimes it pours. Dear Pentax friends, my mother passed away last night (Sunday Night). I am flying from Los Angeles to Montreal tomorrow (Wednesday Morning 6:00 A.M.) to be with my brother and sisters in this difficult time. I will do the best I can to introduce the new DSLR item promised last week. (I think I may have bitten more than I can chew!) I have the item with me and I am bringing my laptop with me. Hopefully I will have some time to rest at night and post (some news) what I promised. If I can’t bring the item with me, I will divulge what it is and why it will be so useful to photographers, and especially for Pentax K-7/K-5 users for now. Let's do that early next week. I will be flying back Monday. I'm so sorry, I thought I was going to be stronger, but it really hit me hard today. She has been my guiding light.

From my album on Smugmug: This is me and my daughter Marisa, last October, when we visited my mother for her 94th birthday. I will miss her terribly. Those that lost their mother will  understand. The circle of life continues...Marisa is now three months pregnant. This is the irony of life! My mother seeds of life will live through me, through my daughters (Sabrina and Marisa) and my grandchildren, I have one six years old grandaughter and one on the way.

P.S. Events, nature, landscape photography etc, are great, but a dime a dozen. Pictures of your family and friends are priceless.


Yvon Bourque

Post a Comment