Thursday, March 10, 2011

UPDATE: Pentax Friends and fellow photographers, all is back to normal and I will introduce my "Gizmo"Friday afternoon@ 2:00 P.M. California time.

UPDATE:

Pentax Friends and fellow photographers, all is back to normal and I will introduce my "Gizmo"Friday afternoon@ 2:00 P.M. California time. I received it tonight and it's just a matter of taking pictures of it, and post them.


Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I know many of you are disappointed with the tardiness of the introduction of my new "Gizmo". First, I never imagined that my humble Blog post about "Something new is coming and it's getting around the corner. Pentax will be the first to get it" would go viral so quickly.

Then, the passing of my Mother stopped everything for me. For those that have lost a parent, you understand how it feels. I have been worrying about that moment since I was a little boy.

I don’t want to trouble you anymore with my grieving, and this week will be the week I finally introduce my new “Gizmo”. I received a sample unit this past weekend, used it all weekend and made a few last minute changes. The unit is back at the machine shop and I have been promised a completed unit by Wednesday. Since I know how plans can changes, I think we are going to announce the new “Gizmo” between Wednesday and the weekend, unless the end-of-the-world happens!

I received so many emails and comments from interested photographers, that I am amazed with your interest. I read all comments on various Forums, laughed at some of the suggestions, but some of you came real close to describing what the new accessory is...but not close enough. The reason I started with the Pentax K-7 and K-5 is simply because that’s what I use daily and I was able to customize my item to fit perfectly to these two DSLR models that are identical in dimensions. I might offer customization for the most popular Nikon, Canon, Sony and perhaps Olympus DSLRs as well, but my thoughts are more toward fabricating a universal product. I will request your opinions on that matter once the product is launched. Customized products do fit and look better, but cost a little more on account of the limited production. We’ll see…I’m sure you will let me know.

We have several products that will follow.

Finally, for three years, I have given away my “Auto-Focus Adjustment Chart” free for the download. It's been downloaded tens of thousands times. I know of two companies that snatched my design, changed it a little, and mass produced it. There was a lesson learned and later on, I will introduce a new highly accurate, aluminum CNC machined, “Auto-Focus Adjustment Chart” at a very reasonable price with all the attributes of current AF Adjustment products on the market…and then some. My free Chart will remain available.

Thank you again for your visits and your patience,

Yvon Bourque

4 comments:

Jean-Claude Hébert said...

Patience is a virtue...anyone having gone through the lost of a parent knows the emotional roller coaster...

Ceux qui ne comprennent pas aujourd'hui...comprendront plus tard alors il ne faut s'en faire pour les quelques impatients de ce monde..

Continuez votre bon travail et courage.

JC

HENRY KISOR said...

Welcome back, Yvon. Having lost both my parents, I know how difficult the first days and weeks afterward are. But time goes on and life goes on, and soon all that will remain will be pleasant memories.

Unknown said...

The CNC milled focus test chart will be something I would really like to have. Getting the paper version just right is not allways that easy withou thick paper.

Unknown said...

Thank you Henry.


Remco, It will surely be sturdier but it will also be improved.

Best regards all