Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's weekend already. It's gonna be a Pentax DA* 300mm weekend.

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

Yesterday, I received my latest acquisition... a "like-new" Pentax DA* 300mm lens. Since I started to sell my AlettA Stabilizers for the K-5 & K-7, the only big lens I had to illustrate some of the functionality of the Stabilizer was an older Tokina 400mm. The Pentax 300mm weighs almost 3 pounds which is nearly one pound heavier than the Tokina. The 300mm came with no hood because it was broken when the camera was resting on a table and toppled over. That wouldn’t have happened with a Stabilizer under the camera.

So Sunday, weather permitting, I will go out and about and take pictures with my new DA* 300mm. There is no doubt that the quality of the images will be better than the older Tokina, but I will shoot with both lenses so we can compare. I have a 1.4x and a 1.7x tele-converters and will test the Stabilizer with them on. This will make the lenses much longer and defy the law of gravity. I don’t know if it will work or not but I will wait until Sunday to try.

Hope you have a great weekend and go take some pictures.

Thank you for stopping by,

Yvon Bourque



Pentax DA* 300mm f/4

Tokina SD 400mm f/5.6


No comments: