Friday, April 29, 2011

My site of the day: "Street Vision" It takes guts to do street photography and get in people's faces.


Hi Pentaxian friends.

The Street Vision has been around for a long while now. Javier, has been a regular commenter on Pentax forums, and Canon and I think Nikon as well. He loves photography and I watched him acquiring many cameras and lenses through the years. I don't know Javier personally, but we have been "Cyber" friends for a long while.  His passion seems to be, obviously, street photography. I watched him getting better and better at it from the beginning, or at least in the early stage.

It takes guts to take pictures of strangers in Los Angeles. I know I wouldn't be able to do it...as someone would certainly knock me down. Javier has this uncanny ability to approach people.

However, he is not just a photographer in search of strange, or funny, or poor, or different people. He often buys food, toiletry, clothing, and distribute that to the less fortunate people in the streets and parks in Los Angeles. For that, I admire him.

So visit his site, and tell him I sent you. Within his blog site, he has links to hundreds of pictures on Flickr.



Click on this image to link to Street Vision.

The images below are small because I imported them from Javier's Flickr account and you cannot import them bigger. If you visit his blog, you can see all these images and many more in full size.



Keep up your good work Javier...we like what you do.

Thank you for stopping by,

Yvon Bourque

4 comments:

street_vision said...

Wow, what a blessing!
Thank you so very much. 8-)

For the record, though I own my different cameras, I shot mostly with my K20D and of late the DA35F/2.4

Unknown said...

Javier,

You really have gotten pretty good with your street photography. A good number of your images tell a story without any words, and that's a real good thing. I know you are a Pentaxian and always will be. It's a great bunch of people.

Blotz said...

For the record, awesome sports journalist and inventor of words Joe Posnanski has coined the perfect term for the relationship between you two guys.
"E-migo (EE-mee-go), noun, a friend you have never really met and don’t really know but keep up with through various Internet means such as email, instant messaging and Facebook."

Although you guys may have progressed to a deeper level of E-migo.

Esther said...

You so deserve this mention, Javier! You bring the viewer INTO your photos - and I love your stories as well! God bless!

Esther