Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Blogsite of the day. "The Hidden Realm".

Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

I found this Blogsite tonight and I just had to feature it as my "Blogsite of the day". I know his name is Dave and he lives in Dorset, United Kingdom.  Some people just have an eye for photography, and I certainly think that Dave has a good eye for photography. My goodness...he's only been shooting since March of 2010.  He shoots with a modest Nikon model  (We won't hold that against him, he has talent and he would have taken equally good images with a Pentax K-5.) Dave, give up your day job and make a career switch, I believe in you. Click on the image below to visit his site and see more of his great images, and think to yourself  "This guy has only been shooting for a little over a year."

My preferred images are, and have always been, images that convey movement. These are usually taken with the camera held steady in one position while moving objects get blurry. Those images are worth a thousand words.





"I am a 42-year old Scorpio, a husband to my loving wife Eng, and a father to my beautiful daughter Ysabelle, aged 7. We live in the picturesque town of Poole, Dorset, UK. I was an avid computer gamer and DOF, F-stops and the like, were foreign to me until my wife introduced me to photography. I consider myself an accidental photographer. It all began on March 16, 2010 when my wife decided to buy herself a Nikon D5000. Due to her workload she asked me to read the camera's manual and study its functions. After a week of reading and experimenting, I found myself endlessly capturing photos. I had started to see a different perspective around me, I quickly became hooked to photography and ended up buying my own Nikon D80. I started this blog to share my journey and to learn along the way. I would like to say hello and thank you to all who have taken the time to visit. Special thanks to my wife who encouraged me and to all my friends in Blogosphere who shared their knowledge and taught me to further this craft."








I'm pretty sure a tripod was used for all of Dave's pictures. An AlettA Stabilizer would help anyone take pictures like these. AlettA Photographic.

No comments: