Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Pentax K-5 e-book is now available for iPad, iPhone and iTouch.




Email: brqyvn@gmail.com

Hi Pentaxian friends.

For some time now, I have received emails to make the K-5  e-book 100% compatible with the Apple products and other tablets and mobile devices. i.e. iPad, iPhone and iTouch. The K-5 e-book is my last e-book and I still have the current files on my new computer. I will search for the other e-books, but after my hard drive crashed, I lost many of my precious files.

It's not that the current e-books do not load on the iPad and iPhone, but some of my readers have reported that some of the images did not appear. There are many ways to fix this compatibility problem, check here, but with the K-5, I reformatted the whole book so that all the images would be viewable.

The iPad and iPhone have the capability of bookmarking, referring to a table of contents, search within the e-book or on Wikipedia. It can also easily link to other sites and come back to the e-book. I would say that the iPad and iPhone are at the top of the list for mobile devices. However, it seems that "Droid" mobile devices can read PDF files better than the Apple Products.

Let me (us) know what device you use for reading the e-books.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

5 comments:

John T Gordon said...

Hi Yvon
I'm waiting to buy the K5 book on Kindle. Kindle can do everything you mentioned...table of contents...bookmarking...notes, and much much more. Also there are free Kindle apps for every device you mentioned and more. For reference it's mostly text that you need but to view the pictures in color you can view the book on your PC or any device you own. You don't even have to own a Kindle!! Seems to be no downside...with Kindle it's win,win. Kinda like with Pentax :)

Unknown said...

The thing I don't like about Kindle is that it's monochrome. Also, the K-5 E-book is about learning how to use the camera and images are an absolute necessity. I agree that you don't need images to read a regular book, but for "How to" books, images are paramount.

Unknown said...

I don't own every mobile devices that are on the market these days, but I know that all devices should display my e-books if they can read PDF files. I just got the iPad and got the iPhone about three Months ago. I know for sure that this edition of the K-5 e-book works flawlesly on the Apple mobile devices. I tried to publish in epub, but the files explode to about ten time the size. Anyone knows how to fix that?

HENRY KISOR said...

If I re-download the book, for my iPad 2, can I use the same password I do for my current book on the Mac mini?

Unknown said...

Henry,

I emailed you the K-5 e-book for the iPad 2 with appropriate information to download it to your iPad 2.